This week, we’re introducing you to up and coming rock band All The Rest. Comprised of Baylee Waller (guitar/vocals), Caleb Smith (guitar/vocals), Tre Housman (bass/background vocals), and Jud Harris (drums), the Georgia based band sat down with Beyond The Stage to talk their new single, “Black Plague,” their dream tour and their love of Justin Bieber. Read more below and listen to All The Rest’s new single, “Black Plague” here.
Photo Credit: Jesse Scimeca
- Introduce yourselves!
Well, I’m Baylee, and I play guitar and sing. I’m Caleb and I play guitar and sing. I’m Tre and I play bass and sing backup. AND I’m Jud and I play Drums.
- Describe your sound for someone who hasn’t heard it before.
Guitar driven alternative rock riding on a bed of ambient synth sounds.
- What kind of music would you say influenced All The Rest’s sound?
We have a lot of influences, but a big one is the 80’s post-punk era. Black Plague is the core of our sound, but we have a lot of diversity in our music thats influenced by the classic bands our parents grew up listening to. We are excited to showcase that side of us in the future.
- You just released your debut single, “Black Plague,” what was the inspiration behind that?
Black Plague was inspired by a toxic relationship. It was almost as though it was a disease. It’s a very relatable idea.
- What was the recording process for recording that single?
We recorded with Matt Squire and Eric Taft at the Buzz Lounge in Beltsville, Maryland. We tracked it along with a few other songs over 4 days. We actually slept in the studio. One night Caleb even threw up all over the rug so that really sucked. Overall it was an amazing experience and we really grew as a band.
- If you could plan your dream tour, who would be on it?
It would be amazing to tour with The 1975, The Neighborhood, and Bad Suns.
- What’s your dream venue?
Probably Red Rocks Amphitheater
- What’s next for All The Rest?
We are trying to plan a string of shows with a band based out of Nashville called The New Schematics. Also, we plan to release another single and a music video soon.
- What’s the top played song on your iPod that might surprise your other band members?
We all listen to the same music for the most part.
Baylee: “I’ll Show You” by Justin Bieber.
Caleb: “Pull Up” by Swift
Tre: “All I Ask Of You” from The Phantom Of The Opera
Jud: “Yonkers” by Tyler, The Creator
- If you played in a different genre, what would it be and why?
Jud and Baylee: A Screamo band that goes on Warped Tour. It just sounds like a lot of fun and the crowds have so much energy.
Caleb: Pop. I’ve always kept up with and admired the pop music culture. Every year’s radio hits are full of catchy melodies to study and learn from for me.
Tre: Oldschool R&B/Soul cause I have a deep connection with that style.
- What song do you feel like you can listen to over and over again and never get tired of?
Love Me by the 1975
- How can our readers find you on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, SoundCloud/iTunes/Spotify?
All of our social media is “alltherestmusic” and you can just search “All The Rest – Black Plague” on iTunes and Spotify.
Rapid Fire (This or That)
- Lakes or Oceans?
- Justin Bieber or One Direction?
- Coffee or Tea?
- Beach or Mountains?
- Intimate Venues or Large Arenas?