If you have an incredible passion for the music industry, a drive for writing or photography, you’re exactly who we want to add to our staff. A few things you need to know about Beyond The Stage:
- Our staff is unpaid. As of right now, we’re growing and changing, that might change in the future.
- We’re looking for team members who are heavily interested in the music industry or have some prior experience in the music industry.
- We hire on a rolling basis, looking at first come first serve applications first.
- We ask that all of our photographers can also write.
- We work virtually – as of always, BTS has never had an office space. You’re free to work from planes, trains, your other job, school etc. We communicate virtually unless you’re in the same location as another staff member!
Think you’re up to the test? Read the description of each team below.
Our design team is growing, quickly! We’re looking for an eager staff member with design experience to join our team. Key responsibilities include:
- Creating custom social media graphics
- Creating custom blog graphics
- Designing issue spreads and issue layout
- Brainstorming on creative aspects of each issue
The ideal team member would be well versed in the Adobe Creative Suite (or at least most of it – InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator are probably the best).
Ready to apply? Click here to fill out the application.
If your talent lies in photography, this is the position for you. We’re looking for passionate, driven individuals to join this team. Key responsibilities include:
- Writing for the website/issues
- Covering/photographing shows for BTS
- Photographing some of your favorite artists/bands
- Interviewing musicians/bands in person, over email or over the phone
- and more!
The ideal team member has concert photography experience, a killer portfolio, experience writing in music and more.
Ready to apply? Click here for the photography application.
Our writers are the most passionate people at Beyond The Stage. We’re looking for people who can tell a story, the news or even a tour update. Key responsibilities include:
- Writing for the magazine issues
- Writing for the website (tour announcements, music news, Artist of the Week and more)
- Helping with interviews (in person, over the phone, over email)
- Brainstorming ideas for other interesting articles, then writing them (“5 Songs You Have To Listen To Right Now” etc.)
The BTS Writing Team is looking for someone who can double check their own work, post on WordPress (don’t worry, we can help!), write features and articles and work collaboratively as a team.
To apply for the writing team, click here for the application.