A few things you need to know before applying to be a part of our team:
- We are an unpaid team as of right now.
- We hire on a rolling basis, first come, first serve.
- We ask that all of our photographers can also write.
- We work virtually, but rely on technology to learn more about you.
- We really, really, like music.
If you're not ready to join our team on a long-term basis, we're excited to offer a few select freelance opportunities.
We're looking for writers who are willing to focus on:
Or you can....
- A specific story.
- An album review you want to write.
- Festival coverage
- An interview
Join Our Photo Team
We’re looking for passionate, driven individuals to join this team. Key responsibilities include:
- Covering/photographing shows for Beyond The Stage
- Photographing some of your favorite artists/bands
- Interviewing musicians/bands in person, over email or over the phone and more!
- Participating in staff wide playlists and projects
The ideal team member has concert photography experience, a great portfolio, experience writing in music and more.
Join Our Writing Team
We’re looking for people who can tell a story, the news or even a tour update. Key responsibilities include:
- Writing for the website (tour announcements, music news, Artist of the Week and more)
- Interviewing musicians and bands
- Writing features for the print issues
- Writing interesting articles, short features and playlists
WordPress knowledge is a plus, but not required.
Join Our Design Team
We’re looking for an eager staff member with design experience to join our team. Key responsibilities include:
- Designing issue spreads and issue layouts
- Working closely with a team to create branded online and print pieces
- Creating custom social media graphics
- Creating custom blog graphics
Adobe Creative Suite knowledge is required.