Our Artist of the Week is Gianna Adams, a singer-songwriter from Las Vegas. Get to know her in our Q&A with her below:
- Can you introduce yourself to those who may not know you?
Well I’m Gianna Adams, I am 18 years old from Las Vegas. I am a Singer, songwriter, and actress and have been writing since I was 5 and singing since I could talk. I am super dorky and thrive on sarcasm and humor and have a sweets addiction lol.
- How would you describe your music to people who have never heard it before?
I would describe it stylistically as Pop/RnB. Its very production and groove driven and ranges from feel good music that makes you want to dance, to slow ballads that hit your heartstrings.
- What are you looking forward to most for the rest of 2018?
I am most looking forward to honestly just living life to the fullest and making happy positive moves and changes in life. I’m so excited to tackle any and all opportunities I am blessed to face and to just work hard while furthering myself in what I love to do.
- Who are your musical influences?
I have countless, but I’d say I was heavily influenced by general styles and genres like boogie, funk, blues, hip hop and more as well as artists such as Prince, Justin Timberlake, Gwen Stefani, Meghan Trainor, Bea Miller, Madison Beer and many many more.
- What about nonmusical influences?
Nonmusical influences would include my acting coaches, my parents, my best friends and I guess for the most part the people that are closest to me that I truly value the opinions of.
- If you could collaborate with any musician, who would it be and why?
There are so many massive and amazing musicians and artist that I would kill to collaborate with, I would LOVE to collab with Bruno Mars, Bea Miller, Or Shawn Mendez because as artists and as writers they are all so relatable and talented and really embody music that I love. I would also love to collab with a producer like Poo Bear, because he is a major player in the game right now and has worked on, produced and written hits for massive artists and to write/work with him would be such an out of world experience. And of course Cardi B, because,.. I just love her lol.
- What do you hope fans get from your music?
I hope they can relate to the stories my songs tell and feel inspired in everyway. Music is such a healing tool and a happiness for me, and for my music to be that for someone else would just mean the entire world.
- Tell us a little bit about your new EP, I Don’t Know?
My EP is a collection of 5 songs all of which are very different and all have very individual stories lyrically. It’s very pop driven and has incredible production on every track. I think this EP gives a cool taste of what I do and like as well as me as an artist.
- What is something that you’ve accomplished so far in your career that you are most proud of?
One of my favorite accomplishments so far is getting into Grammy Camp for songwriting as 1 of only 10 kids from all over the country was selected by the Grammy Foundation. The experience and the talents were so unimaginably incredible.
- What is a song you wish you wrote and why
Oh gosh there are so many amazing songs I would be honored to have written but two that stand out lately would be FRIENDS by Anna Marie or IDGAF by Dua Lipa, because both of them are such power house songs and so clever and creative. The hooks are so well written and relatable I just love them, musically and lyrically.
THIS OR THAT
- Coffee or Tea? Coffee 100%
- Current obsession song? I have so many but one is Off of It – KYLE (ft. Ty Dolla $ign)
- Favorite TV Show? Empire
- Ocean or Pool? Ocean
- Favorite movie ? A Quiet Place or anything comedic