Our Artist of the Week is LA-based Jez Dior. Get to know the artist with the Q&A he did with Beyond the Stage below:
- Can you introduce yourself to those who may not know you?
My name is Jez Dior and I’m an artist from LA. I make music based off of my raw emotions and I use music as an emotional outlet.
- How would you describe your music to people who have never heard it before?
I would describe my music as honest. When I create my music, it helps me get through life, so I hope it does the same thing for other people.
- What are you looking forward to most for the rest of 2018?
Just to keep putting out more music and finally release stuff I’ve been working on over the last few years!
- Who are your musical influences?
Liam Gallagher, Eminem, 50 Cent, Kurt Cobain
- What about nonmusical influences?
My mom, my sister and Funeral Crew.
- If you could collaborate with any musician, who would it be and why?
Liam Gallagher because he is my favorite singer of all time.
- What do you hope fans get from your music?
I hope they get the same sort of feeling that I got when I listened to Eminem when I was younger, he helped me get through a lot of hardships & I was able to relate to his music in many different ways. As long as I can do the same sort of thing then I’m happy.
- What can you tell us about your upcoming debut album?
It’s the story of the first 26 years of my life.
- Can you talk to us a little bit about your most recent singles you’ve released, including “Cocaine” and “Kiss You Good?”
They are songs that I was nervous to release because they put me in a very vulnerable place, but they are some of my favorite songs I’ve ever recorded and I’m excited to release them now.
- What is something that you’ve accomplished so far in your career that you are most proud of?
The thing I’m most proud of is how my music touches the fans. Getting messages from them means the most to me and keeps me doing what I do.
- What is your go-to drink from a coffee shop?
Matcha. I actually don’t like coffee.
- What is your current favorite song?
“WAKE UP” (ft. The Weeknd) by Travis Scott
- What was the first concert you went to?
Kiss and Aerosmith
- What is your favorite movie?
- If you could create your dream tour, who would be on the lineup?
Eminem, Oasis and me
Check out Jez Dior’s new music video for “Cocaine” here: