We sat down with ABT LST NT to discuss their musical obsessions, influences and songs they just grew up with. Read more about the band’s choices below and listen to the playlist of their choices at the bottom of the page. Miss their Q&A on Monday? Read it here.
Sara Smile – Daryl Hall & John Oates
Rappers Delight – The Sugarhill Gang
Rocket Man – Elton John
- I’ve been listening to this song since I can remember. My mom played Elton John ever since I was little and I’ve fallen in love with his music. The melodies and emotion that go into each of his songs really grabs me.
Your Song – Billy Paul
- It’s such a feel good song with a great message. Billy Paul really brings this song to life for me.
Crush on You – Lil’ Kim
Supersonic – Oasis
- It’s so iconic and I love the production.
I Won’t Let You Go – James Morrison
- I love his vocal tone, it inspires me to be better
Last Request – Paulo Nutini
Let It Go – James Bay
Lego House – Ed Sheeran
Change Is Gonna Come – Sam Cooke
- I’ve been singing this song since I was a young boy and to me it’s one of the best songs ever written,so much feeling and emotion from him & his lyrics.
Dock Of The Bay – Ottis Redding
- It’s an old school classic & my grandfather’s favorite song. I remember as a kid always listen to this & it reminds me of him. Such a good tune!
Unaware – Allen Stone
Some Unholy War – Amy Winehouse
You & I – John legend
Faithfully – Journey
- Growing up my parents always played Journey in the house and I was obsessed with the band & Steve Perrys voice. Faithfully is one of the most beautiful songs, the vocal melodies and instrumentation in the song will touch your soul ! It was also one of the first songs I learned on piano.
Let me love You – Mario
- This was the first song I ever sang in front of a crowd and it was the song that made me really fall in love with R&B. It filled me with passion for singing and is where I feel my style originated.
In Your Atmosphere – John Mayer
Lately – Jodeci
PYT – Michael Jackson