1. Can you introduce yourself to those who may not know you?
My name is Steven. I currently play bass in American Standards. Also,
I have a beard.
2. How would you describe your music to people who have never heard it
Honestly, I would use one word: Aggressive.
3. What are you looking forward to most in 2018?
Writing and releasing new music and hopefully getting to the east
coast for a few shows.
4. Who are your musical influences?
Personally, my musical influences include Converge, The Chariot,
Pantera, Norma Jean, Slipknot, and Glassjaw for sure.
5. What about nonmusical influences?
Everyday life, really. The positive and the negative. Life comes at
you fast. If you don’t slow down and take a look around once and
awhile, it’ll pass right by you.
6. If you could collaborate with any musician, who would it be and
As a band, I think we would all agree that having guest vocals from
Keith Buckley would be amazing. Also, recording with Kurt Ballou would
be the be all end all of awesome.
7. What do you hope fans get from your music?
A release from reality. Whether it’s listening to our album(s) at
home or seeing us live, you get a chance to headbang to some rocking
8. How did you come up with your band name, American Standards?
I could go on and say it has something to do with how the world views
America and get really in depth about certain things like politics.
But if I recall correctly, I believe it was Brandon who was taking a
dump and saw the brand of toilet and said “That could be a cool
9. What is something that you’ve accomplished so far in your career
that you are most proud of?
Being able to play Punk Rock Bowling with our friends in Common War
and Death by Stereo was a cool one. I’d also say the first time we
had the opportunity to open for Every Time I Die was really awesome
10. What is a song you wish you wrote and why?
Walk by Pantera. No explanation needed. The entire song is money!
1. Coffee or Tea?
Coffee. Thou shall not partake in decaf!!!
2. Current obsession song?
I’ve Been Drinkin’ by Ligeia
3. Favorite TV Show
4. Ocean or Pool?
Ocean/Beach hangs. Pool swimming.
5. Favorite movie
Back to the Future