1. Can you introduce yourself to those who may not know you?
I’m Henry Jamison, a musician from Vermont
2. How would you describe your music to people who have never heard it before?
Last night I had to describe it to some Algerian dancers and I said “majestic folk,” I think because majestic is kind of a French word.
3. What are you looking forward to most in 2018?
Releasing my second record, by a million times
4. Who are your musical influences?
Olivia Chaney, John Tavener, Noah “40” Shebib
5. What about nonmusical influences?
Ingmar Bergman, Cezanne, Rilke
6. If you could collaborate with any musician, who would it be and why?
The Italian saxophone quartet that did a record of Arvo Pärt arrangements
7. What do you hope fans get from your music?
Feeling, images, Love, Actually
8. Tell us a little bit about your most recent album, The Wilds!
It’s a she said, she did, she looked record.
9. What is something that you’ve accomplished so far in your career that you are most proud of?
Touring alone has been my greatest feat, I think. 9 hour drives, listening to Moby Dick, on barely any sleep.
10. What is a song you wish you wrote and why?
“Objects” by Big Thief because it is so good
11. Coffee or Tea?
12. Current obsession song?
“Amelia (Story)” by Hannah Epperson
13. Favorite TV Show?
Call the Midwife
14. Ocean or Pool?
15. Favorite movie ?