Meet Kerri Medders, this week’s Artist of the Week! The singer-songwriter is ready to take the world on by storm with her new single just released.
Read more about Kerri below!
Photo Credit: Nate Taylor
- How did you get started in performing and writing music?
Ever since I was little I was always performing in front of my family, but I didn’t start small showcases until I was around 8. With writing, I found a passion at a young age and loved the freedom I had to write anything I wanted.
- Who are some of your biggest musical influences?
The 1975, Foster The People, Halsey, Chvrches, Ellie Goulding.
- What’s on your current playlist?
Everything under the sun.. Keaton Henson, The Wombats, Panic! At the Disco, Ellie Goulding, Beyoncé, Cloves.
- What was the process behind your single “Fall Away”?
So creative! The songwriting, recording, and track process was all done in the same location and gave me the chance to stay still in the creative space of making the song. My producers/band members/writing partners for Fall Away, Brandon Woodward & Luke Walton, were amazing to work with.
- What’s your favorite part of the creative process?
- Where would you like to see yourself in 5 years?
I would love to be in the midst of a world tour and see my face on the cover of ‘Rolling Stones’.
- If you could plan your dream tour, who would be on it?
I would do a girl’s tour! Halsey, Dua Lipa, Ellie Goulding, Imani Williams, Charli XCX and myself. I think that would be very powerful.
8.If you could switch places with someone for a day who would it be?
Adelaide Kane, for sure.
- What’s next for you?
Releasing my new EP in early 2017!
- How can our readers find you on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, SoundCloud/iTunes/Spotify?
You can find me @ Kerri Medders on all of those except snapchat, which is KerriKat7. I do #FridayFeelings every Friday where I play music that I’ve been jamming to that week so join the party!
- Coffee or Tea?
Tea. Green Tea is the bomb.
- Any dream collaborations?
Male wise; Ed Sheeran, Shawn Mendes, and Matty Healy. Female wise; Halsey, Rihanna, and Beyoncé.
- East Coast or West Coast?
West Coast girl.
- If you could go back in time to any live performance, who would you see?
The 1975 back in 2014.
- Beach or Mountains?
Mountains. I love hiking, and it makes me feel more connected with earth.