This week’s Artist of the Week is Skyler! From working with American Idol alum MacKenzie Bourg to living and working out in LA, Skyler has a lot to share with us about her new single and so much more. Get to know her below!
- Introduce yourself to our readers!
Hey everyone I’m Skyler, hope everyone is having an amazing day.
- For our readers who may not have heard you before, describe your sound.
My music is very stay true to yourself, life experiences, and just feel good kinda stuff.
- You recently worked with MacKenzie Bourg for your new single, what was that process like?
Working with MacKenzie has been such an amazing and fun experience. He is such a talented artist and an all around great person.
- “Carnival” has been said to be “anthemic” and “authentic,” how would you describe it?
That’s so hard because I don’t think it can really be described as one thing because I want everyone to be able to interpret the song differently depending on what’s going on in their own lives.
- Who are your musical influences?
That is a very hard question and I don’t think I could really pick out just a few but I will try my best. Ed Sheeran, Miranda Lambert, Dolly Parton, Carrie underwood, Shawn Mendes, and James Arthur are some of my favorite artists that inspire me everyday but also adding new people to the list everyday.
- Who are your non-musical influences?
My dad for sure since he is the one who taught me to sing.
- What’s something that you think our readers should know about you?
I am extremely weird, my friends always tell me that I am probably the weirdest person they have ever met but in the best way possible. I guess it’s because I love to make jokes and laugh and I can be really hyper.
- What is your typical songwriting process?
Sitting somewhere high up looking at the moon, the moon is a really inspirational thing to me.
- You’re a Los Angeles native, what’s your favorite part of the city?
The city is so amazing and there is so much to see and do but I think my favorite part is anywhere my friends are. Honestly as long as I have them with me anywhere is great.
- What’s next for you in 2017?
Some more music should be coming out soon and hopefully some new music videos.
- Coffee or tea?
Neither to be honest my family is British but I really don’t like tea or coffee but I do love grape juice
- Lake or Ocean?
Ocean, because I like to write songs by the beach at night listening to the waves and looking at the moon
- Train or Plane?
Both, plane in the US and train in Europe
- Recent obsession song?
“Sorry Not Sorry” by Demi Lovato
- Favorite TV show to watch repeatedly
Mistfits or Love/Hate