Meet our Artist of the Week, Tiera, with our exclusive Q&A below!
- Can you introduce yourself to those who may not know you?
My name is Tiera and I’m a country music singer/songwriter from Birmingham, AL!
- How would you describe your music to people who have never heard it before?
Pop Country with a hint of traditional country! I listen to a lot of traditional country, but also modern country as well, so I think that’s had a lot influence on my music.
- What are you looking forward to most in 2018?
Lots of more new music coming! Before Wake Up Call was released it had been about 2 years since I had released anything so I’m so excited for everyone to finally hear more of what I’ve been working on!
- Who are your musical influences?
Oh goodness, there’s so many. Dolly Parton, Cam, Kelsea Ballerini, Carly Pearce and Mallary Hope are definitely some of my biggest influences. I listened to their music when I first starting singing and writing my own songs so I think their music has really influenced mine.
- What about nonmusical influences?
My boyfriend, Kamren has definitely been a huge influence on me. He’s a filmmaker so he’s also in the entertainment industry so it’s nice to have someone to go to for advice.
- If you could collaborate with any musician, who would it be and why?
Definitely Dolly Parton! She’s such an amazing songwriter and just a sweet person in general.
- What do you hope fans get from your music?
I hope they connect to the song in some way! That’s all I ever hope for when writing songs.
- Tell us a little bit about your new single, “Wake Up Call”
My producer, Noah Shell, and I wrote the song about a relationship between a boyfriend and girlfriend but the overall message is about being independent and not letting anyone dictate the choices you make so it could really be about any relationship you have in your life. Kamren Kennedy directed the music video for Wake Up Call and we choice to center the video around the struggles many females face in country music. I’ve had some people question my desire to do country music so I’m glad we got to include that in the video.
- What is something that you’ve accomplished so far in your career that you are most proud of?
I was really excited to release Wake Up Call because it had been about 2 years since I had released anything. I had been writing for a really long time and couldn’t wait to get new music out to my fans.
- What is a song you wish you wrote and why?
Bless the Broken Road by the Rascal Flatts. That song is so beautifully written and I think it’s definitely a country classic.
- Coffee or Tea?
- Current obsession song?
Consequences by Camila Cabello
- Favorite TV Show?
- Ocean or Pool?
- Favorite movie?