Cassandra Clare, best known for her bestselling series, “The Mortal Instruments”, is amping up for the film adaption of her novel, “The City of Bones”, which is out this upcoming August. The first wave of artists to appear on the movie’s accompanying soundtrack have just been announced earlier today, and include the likes of: Demi Lovato. Zedd, Jessie J & Colbie Caillat, who contribute brand new songs to the album. The soundtrack is said to cover “the entire spectrum of sounds and emotions”, and for those who know not too much about the books, TMI: The City of Bones is about a Brooklyn teen named Clary Fray, whom upon her mother’s disappearance discovers she’s not as mundane as she thought, but is, in actuality, a member of an ancient race of demon destroyers known as Shadowhunters.
The track listing for the compilation is as follows:
1. Zedd, “Into The Lair”
2. Jessie J, “Magnetic”
3. AFI, “17 Crimes (LA Riots Remix)”
4. Demi Lovato, “Heart By Heart”
5. Youngblood Hawke, “Bring Me Home”
6. Colbie Caillat, “When The Darkness Comes”
7. Seven Lions with Myon & Shane 54 featuring Tove Lo, “Strangers”
8. Pacific Air, “Bear”
9. He Is We featuring Owl City, “All About Us”
10. Bassnectar, “Calling From Above”
11. Jetta, “Start A Riot”
12. Bryan Ellis, “Strange Days”
“The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones” hits theaters August 21, with the soundtrack available on the 20th in both stores and online!