Fall Out Boy is back with an infectious new single called “Hold Me Tight or Don’t.” The song comes with a Dia de los Muertos (Day of the Dead) themed video directed by Brendan Walter and Mel Soria. The video features a celebration in the streets, showcasing colorful costumes and powders, lighting candles for the dead, and dancing women with sugar skull face paint.
“Hold Me Tight or Don’t” opens with a catchy “Moves Like Jagger” style of whistling that plays throughout the track, and is almost guaranteed to get stuck in your head. The song blends elements of rock, pop, and Latina sounds as Pete Wentz’s soulful vocals passionately sing the lyrics begging his love not to leave him.
This single is from Fall Out Boy’s upcoming album, Mania, which is expected to drop in January, 2018. This is the fourth track released from the album, but it is much different than the band’s EDM-focused first single, “Young and Menace,” which was released in April. Other Mania singles include “The Last of the Real Ones” and “Champion.”
Mania full tracklist:
- Young and Menace
- Stay Frosty Royal Milk Tea
- Hold Me Tight Or Don’t
- Last of the Real Ones
- Wilson (Expensive Mistakes)
- Heaven’s Gate
- Sunshine Riptide (feat. Burna Boy)
- Bishop’s Knife Trick
- Eminem Releases Surprise Album, ‘Kamikaze’ - August 31, 2018
- Hayley Kiyoko announces first-ever UK and European tour - July 31, 2018
- Imagine Dragons bring the thunder with new single, “Natural” - July 17, 2018