We spoke with Sean Seales, lead guitarist and vocalist of alternative rock band The Giving Moon, about the band, his favorite artists, and what we can expect coming soon.
The Giving Moon, originally from Chicago’s suburbs, includes drummer Nathan Melville, bassist Adam Suto, and lead guitar, lead vocalist, and songwriter Sean Seales. The members share influences from classic rock artists like Jimi Hendrix to many alternative artists such as Foster the People and Radiohead. The Giving Moon is currently unsigned and wishes to continue their career with a common goal to share their music worldwide and perform across the globe.
Check out our interview below:
1. What’s the story behind the band’s name?
“The band name is a metaphoric symbol for our personal beliefs on spreading light and positive energy. The Moon is a big source of light in the darkness and it gives light to the darkness just like how our music is meant to spread light to the dark and inspire with love and intuition.”
2. If you could collaborate with one other artist or band, who would it be?
“If I personally could choose a collaboration it would have to be with a great band like Tame Impala, the Strokes, or, if we could go back in time, The Beatles as the first choice.”
3. Can we expect any new music coming soon?
“Yes! We have our new album “Forever Awake” ready to go mixed and mastered, now we are just trying to coordinate the best release date.”
Listen to their EP “The Wild” here:
- Eminem Releases Surprise Album, ‘Kamikaze’ - August 31, 2018
- Hayley Kiyoko announces first-ever UK and European tour - July 31, 2018
- Imagine Dragons bring the thunder with new single, “Natural” - July 17, 2018