Angst-pop artist, Girl Wilde is sharing her empowered sound and 90s groove with the world, especially after releasing her Probably Crying EP. Capturing every part of the human experience through emotions, mental health struggles and more, the singer’s empowered sound is exactly what you need. Get to know Girl Wilde below.
1. Describe your sound for someone who may not have heard of you before?
2. What’s the meaning of your name, “Girl Wilde”?
When I was little my mom would always say, “girl, you are WILD!” The Girl Wilde project is about not asking for permission. To me, the name means freedom.
3. What’s your typical songwriting process?
I don’t really have one. All of my songs start differently. Sometimes it’s a concept, sometimes it’s a lyric and melody.
4. Who are you musically influenced by?
Taking Back Sunday
Fall Out Boy
5. What can you tell us about the Probably Crying EP?
It’s my first EP release so it means a lot to me. Each song is like a diary entry from a different point of my life. I couldn’t think of any other way to introduce myself.
6. What’s something you learned about yourself while recording the EP?
That I write better when I eat tacos for lunch.
7. You’ve caught the attention of a few big names in music, like Spotify and Ones to Watch, what has your journey been like so far?
It’s been a bumpy and beautiful ride.
8. What’s something our readers should know about you?
I’m a total cat lady.
9. What’s next for you in the rest of 2019 and 2020?
Hopefully more music and live shows!