27-year-old Robert Grace has already tackled plenty of obstacles across his life, but that’s nothing compared to where he’s going. The singer, now with more than four hundred thousand monthly listeners on Spotify writes the truth in his music. From writing about the current pandemic to his mental health and so much more, Grace has created a massive name for himself across the internet, even on TikTok. Recently, Grace has even collaborated with gnash, spreading transparency across the world and their networks.
Read on to learn about Robert Grace.
- Introduce yourself and your music to our readers!
Hey my name is Robert Grace and my new song “Fake Fine” is out now
- What’s something that our readers should know about you?
I’m Irish, I’m 27, I’m a husband, I’m a Dad and I make great music (somethings haha).
- Who are your musical inspirations?
Jon Bellion, Charlie Puth, blackbear, 21 Pilots
- You’ve written for quite a few other artists, along with collaborations with some big names, what’s the process like for you in that form? Is it different writing for someone else?
I always like to go into a writing session with the hopes of writing a great song. Regardless of who it’s for. I think when you have that mind set it’s not much different than writing for yourself.
- Who’s your dream collaboration?
Oh Jon Bellion definitely!!! Such a legend.
- Tell us about your single, “Fake Fine” – what was the inspiration and writing process?
I had a rough start to the year, from money struggles to my grandmother passing away. So that was the initial inspiration. The song is basically all about pretending to be ok when you really aren’t and how normal that is nowadays.
- The music video for the track was recently released, tell us about it!
Yeah I absolutely love the music video. It was filmed in a place called Gloster House in County Offaly (Ireland). It’s a story about how we’re always looking for a quick fix when it comes to mental health when in reality there is none.
- The new version with gnash is out October 30th, how did that collaboration come about?
He basically DM’d me on Instagram saying he loved my music which was a bit of a surreal moment!! The next day we FaceTimed and decided it would be awesome if he did a feature on the track!!
- Quarantine has been insane for the music industry, what is something you have been doing for yourself?
Music is my life so nearly everything I do involves it. I’ve been getting stuck into TikTok as a hobby. Uploading covers/originals. Just hit 400k followers the other day.
- If you could give our readers who are pursing music a piece of advice, what would it be?
If you’re serious about music then make sure you give it 110%. It took me 10 years of hard work to get signed. It’s not easy! But it’s worth it.
- What’s next for Robert Grace in, hopefully, 2021?
New music, an album, headline shows/tour. Hopefully some more collaborations!! Next year has the potential to be the best year ever!
Want more news from Beyond The Stage? Want to meet more artists like Robert Grace? Click here.