The BTS staff is always on the hunt for new music, and we all have those songs that we just can’t stop playing on repeat. Members of the staff contributed by sharing their top three most-played songs at the moment, and some of them may surprise you! Read on to find out what we’re currently loving and maybe even discover a new song or two.
Addie Whelan – Editor-in-Chief
- “Boys” by Hippo Campus
- “Murderer” by Lupin
- “Everywhere” by Niall Horan
Starting off with our fabulous editor-in-chief, she is currently dipping into the genres of indie-rock, rock and pop. “Everywhere” combines Horan’s infamous layering of mellow and upbeat rhythms to produce a fun sound. “Boys” gives off great vibes and would be perfect for a drive with the windows down. “Murderer” is much slower which balances the other two out superbly.
Lauren Klonowski – Managing Editor
- “Portland, Maine” by Donovan Woods
- “Be Slow” by Harrison Storm
- “Back To Autumn” by Tall Heights
Gina Scarpino – Business Manager
- “45” by Bleachers
- “A Woman’s World” by Amy Allen
- “To Me” by Alina Baraz
We all know and love Jack Antonoff, so it’s no surprise that one of our staff members has been listening to Bleachers on repeat. Amy Allen and Alina Baraz actually have pretty similar sounds in that they are soft yet catchy, resulting in something that can be described as none other than pretty. If you’ve been seeking out music like that, look no further.
Marissa Sandoval – Project Manager
- “Love Is Madness” by Thirty Seconds To Mars, Halsey
- “Number One Fan” by MUNA
- “Golden Days” by Mayday Parade
Joe Hernandez – Deputy Editor
- “Gretzky” by 1990nowhere, Lostboycrow, Olivver the Kid
- “Boys” by Hippo Campus
- “Damage” by The Band CAMINO
Two of our staff members are listening to “Boys” currently!
Abhigyaan Bararia – Copy Editor
- “No Reptiles” by Everything Everything
- “For Sure – Washed Out Remix” by Future Islands, Washed Out
- “Do You Remember The Times” by ISLAND
Amanda Restaino – Intern Coordinator and Contributing Writer
- “Moth To A Flame” by Swedish House Mafia, The Weeknd
- “Afterparty” by Abigail Barlow, Ariza
- “i hope ur miserable until ur dead” by Nessa Barrett
Chelsea Gresh – Assistant Photo Editor
- “Algorithm” by Boston Manor
- “Cities In Dust” by Siouxsie and the Banshees
- “Boilermaker” Royal Blood
Audrey Battis – Contributing Photographer and Writer
- “Our Lady of Sorrows” by My Chemical Romance
- “Sleepwalking” by Bring Me The Horizon
- “Telepath” by Conan Gray
Blake Charles – Contributing Photographer and Writer
- “Prodigal Daughter” by Lights
- “Knees” by Injury Reserve
- “Sister Ray” by Foxes
Another talented staff member has been exploring a few different genres including electronic, hip-hop and pop. Each of these songs are very different from one another but sometimes that kind of variety is exactly what you need. We encourage you to be like Blake the next time you’re searching for some new music and look for something outside of your comfort zone.
Quinn Beaupré – Contributing Photographer
- “What Once Was” by Her’s
- “GREENER KNOTS” by Maxo Kream
- “Oh No” by Biig Piig
Maggie Montgomery – Contributing Photographer
- “Scarlett” by Holly Humberstone
- “Maine” by Noah Kahan
- “Jolene” by Ray LaMontagne
Sticking to pop and alternative/indie, one of our photographers has found three beautifully written songs and we recommend all of them. You may have heard “Jolene” before as it is quite famous, but the other two are must-listens. Noah Kahan has been on the rise for the past few years and is even currently on tour. In addition to “Maine” check out his newest album I Was / I Am.
Marlowe Teichman – Contributing Photographer
- “What They’ll Say About Us” by FINNEAS
- “Meet Me At Our Spot (Live)” by THE ANXIETY, WILLOW, Tyler Cole
- “Partycrasher” by LILHUDDY
Ben Pagani – Contributing Writer
- “Dream” by Gustaf
- “Pulcinella” by Parquet Courts
- “The Reason for My Love” by P.E.
Connor Barnes – Contributing Writer
- “Career Boy” by Dorian Electra
- “Panic Attacks in Paradise” by Ashnikko
- “Enemy” by Charli XCX
Ivy Sandoval – Contributing Writer
- “2STYLISH” by Jack Harlow
- “Tacones Rojos” by Sebastían Yatra
- “Love Back” by Why Don’t We
We’re guessing you’ve seen all of the hype surrounding Jack Harlow within the past year. “WHATS POPPIN” garnered him immense attention all over TikTok and the rest of his music is just as fun to play. Ivy is tapping into the Latin genre with “Tacones Rojos” and rest assured, this song will make you want to get up and dance. Why Don’t We gives us all the boy band feels with “Love Back” satisfying our pop music needs by combining upbeat tempos and passionate vocal ranges.
Merritt McLaughlin – Contributing Writer
- “Outta My Head” by State Champs
- “Sway” by Bearings
- “Storyteller” by Real Friends
Sam Aneed – Contributing Writer
- “I GUESS I’M IN LOVE” by Clinton Kane
- “Damage” by The Band CAMINO
- “ilym” by John K, ROSIE
Two of our staff members are listening to “Damage” currently!
Brooke Madigan – Fall 2021 Writing and Editorial Intern
- “Georgia Lee” by Phoebe Bridgers, Tom Waits Tribute
- “It Won’t Always Be Like This” by Inhaler
- “One Right Now” by Post Malone, The Weeknd
Paulina Levitan – Fall 2021 Writing and Editorial Intern
- “Fancy” by Lennon Stella
- “Off My Mind” by joe p
- “GHOST TOWN” by Benson Boone
One of our interns this fall is listening to some newer and older artists. Lennon Stella may be known for her collaboration with The Chainsmokers on “Takeaway,” but “Fancy” is just as worthy of a listen. On the rise for a little while now, joe p’s “Off My Mind” is currently his most streamed song, and rightfully so. It’s catchy, fun and makes you want to listen over and over. Benson Boone gained popularity on TikTok over the past year or so and was even a contestant on American Idol this past spring. Although “GHOST TOWN” is his only released song, it’s already amassed over 30 million streams.
Kira Mautone – Fall 2021 Writing and Editorial Intern
- “2AM” by Don Toliver
- “Killer” by Eminem, Jack Harlow
- “For Tonight” by Giveon
As a group of music lovers, our staff knows how great it feels to explore new material and discover something that you just cannot stop listening to. If you’ve been itching to add to your playlists, we encourage you to give some of our current obsessions a listen. You never know, one may become your new favorite song.
Check out our playlist with all of these songs we’ve been loving.
Subscribe to Beyond The Stage to hear more from our staff.
- Get to Know: Eloise Alterman - May 11, 2022
- Tove Styrke Gets Artistic and Expressive With “YouYouYou” Single and Video - May 6, 2022
- Ethan Bortnick Speaks for The Youth With New Single and Video for “prom” - April 29, 2022